At TEEG we believe that food security is a basic right and have been working hard to make sure that our Community Markets (formerly referred to as the Food Pantry) are full of healthy and nutritious options for families and individuals to choose from.
TEEG’s Food Security program empowers families and individuals to stretch their monthly budget by giving them healthy food to supplement their home pantries. Additionally, we offer nutrition and health education information with every distribution, enabling us to feed both the bodies and the minds of those accessing our services.
- Monthly Commodity Distribution – TEEG believes food security is a basic right. Our monthly distribution program helps families stretch limited dollars to pay monthly bills and purchase perishable food while relying on TEEG for staple food items.
- Weekend Food Distribution — TEEG partners with local community organizations in Pomfret, Thompson, and Woodstock to ensure that families facing food insecurity have enough to eat when children are home on the weekends.
- Emergent Food Distribution – TEEG ensures adequate nutritional resources for every member of our community. Our Community Market is available to help any community member in an emergency.
TEEG Community Market Schedule and Hours- TEEG building, 15 Thatcher Road, North Grosvenordale, CT.
- Mondays: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Fridays: 10:00 am 12:00 pm
Pomfret Community Market Schedule and Hours- Pomfret Community Center 207Mashamoquet Rd. Pomfret, CT
- 1st Tuesday of the month: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 3rd Thursday of the month: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
TEEG Mobile Market Schedule and Hours- Woodstock Town Hall- 415 Route 169 Woodstock, CT
- 1st Tuesday of the month: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- 3rd Tuesday of the month: 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
If you would like to schedule a food appointment for our Thompson or Pomfret Market, or have any additional questions regarding our food security program, please call the office at 860-923-3458
If you are interested in donating to our Community Markets we are always in need of cereal, soups, pasta, pasta sauce, canned meat, peanut butter, and personal hyenine items. Our Community Markets include both a refrigeration cooler and freezer which allows us to accept donations of fresh produce and frozen items as well. If you would like more information about the SWAP method, and items that fit into it please call our office at 860-923-3458.