July 6, 2020
The TEEG office will be staffed Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm. The building will remain closed to the public during this time, but we are able to provide full services remotely so we encourage everyone to please contact us at 860-923-3458.
During the month of July we are encouraging clients to call us and schedule their food appointments. We are slowly trying to transition back to our regular distribution schedule. This month we will be offering appointments on July 10th, July 15th, July 24th and July 29th.
Our mobile food pantry will be out in Woodstock and Pomfret on August 5th.
We will be providing summer lunch at Rivermill Village Monday-Friday from 11:00am-12:00pm.
Our Youth Programs staff will be out in the community doing pop-up events so stay tuned to Facebook to see where they are headed so you can join in on the fun!
Parent/Child Playgroup Presents…Song and Storytime- Virtually through Zoom at 10:00 a.m.
Join us for some virtual fun with shapes, colors, numbers, songs, stories and much more!!! Geared towards children ages 2-5!
- Wednesday, July 8: Pete the Cat – Pete at the Beach
- Wednesday, July 15: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Wednesday, July 22: Clifford’s Beach Day
- Wednesday, July 29: How to Catch A Star
Contact: email@example.com for zoom link and password
June 1, 2020
The TEEG office will have staff answering phones Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm, however at this time the building remains closed to the public. Our staff are working hard to make sure that we are available to answer questions. Please note that for the month of June we will continue to do our food distribution through curbside service, which will take place the week of June 15th. We will be calling to schedule appointments. We encourage anyone who needs assistance, please contact our office anytime at 860-923-3458, we are here to help you.
March 23, 2020
TEEG Operating Update:
Starting Tuesday, March 24, 2020 TEEG will be open from 10:00-2:00 daily, although the building will be locked, a staff member can be reached by calling 860-923-3458. All phone messages will be returned the following day.
Beginning April 6th we will be making calls for our monthly food distribution. It will follow the same protocols as our March distribution, meaning it will only take place during one week of the month. Families will receive 1 weeks’ worth of food and times will be scheduled for the week of April 15th. In the meantime, anyone who finds themselves in need of food can call the office for emergency distribution. All distributions will be by pickup in our parking lot.
Case management is still available by phone, all calls will be returned by the next business day. We welcome and urge anyone in Pomfret, Thompson and Woodstock to contact us if their economic stability has been affected by the current situation.
We will update information on our webpage www.teegonline.org and our Facebook page @TEEGonline. Additionally, we will supply information on unemployment, social support services, and food needs to the community as they become available.
Thank you for your understanding and we encourage everyone to stay safe, stay home, and wash your hands.
March 13, 2020- Corona Virus Protocol
We have been in contact with the Northeast District Department of Health, and are making decisions in conjunction with their guidance. We encourage everyone to continue safe practices including hand washing, covering your mouths when you cough or sneeze, and to limit the amount of exposure you have to large groups of people.
Below are some updates to our programs:
- Out of an abundance of caution, until further notice, we are distributing two weeks’ worth of pre-selected food once per month beginning Monday, March 16. We will be making calls to set up times for pick up and your food will be distributed to you at your car. If you are over 60 and/or quarantined, please call the office at 860-923-3458 to make arrangements with us.
- Community programming, which includes our Job Fair scheduled for March 20th, has been put on hold. We will resume programming beginning April 15th.
- CEAP Applications will be conducted via mail, and Operation Fuel appointments will take place via telephone.
- Youth programming such as Got Drama? and Hang Time have also been suspended and a return date will be updated as soon as it is available.
- The Pomfret Senior Center is closed and will reopen for regular programming beginning April 7th.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the office at 860-923-3458. We encourage you to continue to check out our Facebook page for more updates.
Anne Miller, Executive Director, TEEG